Wednesday 4 December 2019

Red Admiral Butterflies

Hi all,
I have finally finished the fourth and last butterfly painting in the series I've been doing. This one is of 2 red admirals feeding on a blackberry bush. I don't know why, but more often than not, when you see a painting of red admirals they are feeding on blackberries. Perhaps it is just obvious and the answer is because they like blackberries. I do too, especially if they are baked in a pie with some apples. Sadly those days are over, no more apple and blackberry pies for me. Gluten intolerance is a pain in the bum.
Anyway, here is a picture of the finished painting that will be framed and go on the wall with the other 3 butterfly paintings that I finished recently.
The painting looks complicated but it was easier than it looked due to using digital technology. If I had been doing it with watercolours it would have taken months to complete, but it actually only took about 15 hours. It also looks a lot better than it would if I had done it with watercolours.

If you would like to see how I did this painting and how I made it easier, I have put a link below to the short video I made of it.
If you like it please consider subscribing because another one will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment