Thursday 19 January 2017

Reedmace pyrography

Hi all,
I was so encouraged by the way my last pen went down that I have decided to open my Folksy shop again. I'm not seeking to make bundles of money, but it would be nice to be able to use the money from any sales to buy more pen kits. In other words, if I can make my pen turning and pyrography hobby self-financing it would be great.

The thing is, having made the decision to open a shop again on Folksy I have had to get my pyrography iron out and start burning. I have three pens to show you and here is the first. It is a gold plated twist action pen upon which I have burnt a reedmace design.
It is a very nice pen and feels well balanced in the hand.
 On my next pen I used my pyrography iron to burn a weave pattern which I think is very effective.
The next pen I made was completely different because I modified the design by removing the centre band.And then burnt a leaf design onto it. I think this is probably my best pen so far.
I hope you like these pens because my intention is to make a few more all of which will be decorated with pyrography. I have done quite a bit of research about wooden pens on the internet and it seems that nobody else is making them in conjunction with this type of pyrography. This makes my pens unique.

My shop is called Sam's Pens and can be found on folksy.com

In my next post I will explain more about the pyrography and how I approach burning images onto the very small area of a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment