Wednesday 4 January 2017

Freebie and pyrography

Hi all,
I'm finally about to do some serious pyrography. I am getting on pretty well with the lathe, so now I can use it for its intended purpose. That is to allow me to turn objects upon which I can do some pyrography.

My next pyrography project is a pen upon which I hope to burn a leaf design. This will be my second attempt at pyrography on a pen, the first was a bit of an experiment but this one is going to be proper. To that end I have drawn the design out and hope that I can replicate it with my pyrography iron once I have turned the pen. I have found over the years that having a drawing to work to greatly improves the chances of success.

When I was at management college our tutor used to have a quote. "Poor planning equals piss poor performance" and he was right.

Anyway, this is what I hope the finished pen will look like.
If it comes out looking anything like the drawing I will be well chuffed and I hope to show you the finished pen in my next post.

One other thing, one of my books "Bossyboots" is free to down load on Amazon until the 6th of January. If you are interested in getting a copy please do so while it is free. Of all the books I have written it is my favourite and is good for a laugh.

Just click on the book's tab and then the book title and it will take you straight to the Amazon page.

No comments:

Post a Comment