Tuesday 8 August 2017

An Egg

Hi all,
I've been creating a bit of a theme recently regarding my woodturning and pyrography. First I turned and decorated this little pot.
I was so impressed with the way that it turned out that I did a vase using the same method and colours.
Again, I was very happy with the result so it should come as no surprise that when I did my next project I would decorate it in the same manner. The object that I turned was an egg, which I quickly put to the pyrography iron before colouring it in. It looked very nice when I put it on the mantle piece next to the two items above, but there was a problem, it kept rolling off.

It didn't take me long to figure out a solution because the egg cup had already been invented, so I stuck another piece of beech on my lathe and made an egg cup for it and decorated it in a matching fashion.
 The colours, for those who haven't read my previous post, are from the Chestnut range of wood dyes. They are great colours and only one application is required to get a well saturated result. Using pyrography between each colour keeps them separate and stops them from seeping into each other.

If you have any question about the processes used above please let me know.

Lathe For Sale
If anybody is interested, I am selling my lathe on ebay.co.uk
You may remember a few weeks ago that I said I was going to concentrate on turning small items. Well I'm getting a smaller lathe that will do everything I want to do and allow me to free up some space for a band saw. I get the new lathe tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.

I am now about to make some wooden jewellery for my wife's birthday and I will show you them in my next post.

By the way, the second book in The Fishing Detectives, series, "Bun In The Oven" will be free to download from Amazon from the 9th until the 11th of August. Please grab a copy while it is available. Just go to the BOOKS tab at the top of the page then click on the cover. Please enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment