Thursday 31 March 2016

Oyster Box

Hi all,
I'm finally making some headway with the oyster box. The base is done; it was cut out with the scroll saw set to a small angle and then sanded on the belt sander and by hand.
I am now working on the lid, which is made up in layers like this. These were the first three layers glued with wood glue and clamped. I have also done a bit of rough sanding on the belt sander to reduce the corners on the second layer to see how it looks.

Here I have put the last two tears on the lid and, although it looks a little bit like an ugly duckling now, I'm confident that it will turn into a beautiful swan.
I will show it you in my next post.

When I was doing this oyster box it brought back memories of my time as a "Reluctant Pom" in Australia when 16 years old. An Aussie friend of mine had heard that a shell fish called Abalone was worth a lot of money to high end eating places in Melbourne. He said he knew where to find some, so off we went Abalone fishing with two kitchen knives and bucket.

If you would like to find out how we got on with this money making caper, you can find out for free if you download a copy of the book, "The Reluctant Pom" from Amazon on either the 31st of March or the 1st of April.
To get your free copy, click on the books tab at the top of the page and then click on the book's cover. Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment