Wednesday 5 December 2012

Pyrography Fairy Done

Hi all,
In my last post I said I'd let you see the completed fairy picture as soon as it was finished. Well here it is in full colour glory.

I've put it into a frame because I think that a frame always makes a picture look better. There isn't any glass covering the picture because it has had several coats of varnish to protect it and, like I mentioned in a previous post, glass ruins some pictures because it gives off reflections.
 
Having finished the picture, I will be honest and say that it isn't as spectacular as I once thought it was going to be. I am sure that some artists will sympathise with me because they must suffer the same plight. Rarely does a piece turn out exactly as was envisaged at the time of conception.
 
Anyway, seeing a picture complete allows me to analyse the pyrography  and see what works and what doesn't. It also gives me a chance to modify the picture for a future pyrography project. In this case I think it would be better if the whole of the mushroom the Fairy is sitting on was visible. I would have also changed the foreground and not used the leaves. Once those were in place it set the tone for the colours, leaves on the floor means Autumn so they had to be brown/orange. Green leaves would probably look much better on the leaves that were still hanging because they would show up better against the brown pyrography background.
 
I guess I'm being over critical, but there again if one doesn't recognise where one can improve one isn't going to get any better. If any fairy lovers are interested in buying the picture I will be putting it up for sale at a reasonable price in my shop on Folksy.com. Just click on the Folksy logo.
 
I'm not sure what my next project will be because I'm busy working on my books and my wife is using me for a Christmas slave, putting up lights, decorations and the like. Having said that, I'm sure I'll have the pyrography iron out again soon and something to report in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment