Tuesday 11 December 2012

Memories Box

Hi All,
I haven't quite finished my next pyrography project yet. However, there is some good news because in between wrapping Christmas presents, writing Christmas cards and a thousand and one other jobs that need doing at this time of the year, my wife has managed to put her pyrography iron to good use.

One of our neighbours asked her to do her a special memories box for her friend who had recently had a baby. It would be something to keep baby photos and birth certificates and that sort of thing in.

Anyway, the neighbour didn't have any ideas about what to have on the front of the box so she left it up to my wife. Below is the box she came up with.
I'm afraid the photo on this post doesn't do it justice, not least because of my poor camera work. Bright sunlight usually makes photos better because exposure is quicker and that makes photos clearer, but in this case it put a nasty sheen over the work.

If you look closely you can see that the image is of a tree, with  various toys and the word
'MEMORIES' hanging from the branches I don't know where she got the inspiration from, but it looks very nice and I'm sure her friend will be pleased with it. The box is unique, colourful, fun and also practical, so it has to be a winner.

She started out by doing a freehand sketch on the box in pencil and then burnt the image in with her pyrography iron. Then she painted the various toys, shapes and words. However, she wasn't finished yet and to give the box that extra lift she coated some ot the items with glitter to make them sparkle. The whole box was then given five coats of varnish for extra protection. Considering she's only had a pyrography iron since August I think she is doing very well.

In a couple of days I will show you what I've been up to with my pyrography iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment