Wednesday 9 May 2012

Coast To Coast

Hi all, In last week's post I talked about how I had been asked by a friend to use my pyrography skills to do him a plaque. The plaque was to commemorate his completion of the Coast to Coast walk which he did a few years ago. Anyway, he said he wanted the plaque to include a pair of boots, a rucksack and some dry stone walling. Last week I posted the sketch that I had done for him and after his approval I started the pyrography burning process. Below is a photo of the finished item. I think it looks rather good and my friend was pleased with it too.
They say it's a woman's perogative to change her mind, well I've changed mine when it comes down to pyrography commissions. In my last post I told you about how I'd shied away from doing commissions, well having done the plaque for my friend I have a different view. Doing the lettering required total concentration but I quite enjoyed the challenge. So if you know anybody who's done the Coast to Coast, walked the Pennine Way or bagged a couple of hundred Munroes, I will do them a plaque. Just let me have the details and we'll take it from there. I will provide a no obligation and friendly service. In my next post I will tell you about my latest project and about what I purchased for the gigantic sum of £3.40. In terms of my pyrography, it was the best money I've ever spent; I didn't realise such pleasure could be acquired so cheaply. If you would like to find out more about me or my books please click here. To see more of my pyrography please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment