Wednesday 1 February 2012

Burnt Hare

Hi All,
I'm having a bit of a rest from writing this week. My sixth book, the second in the Fishing Detectives series is in the capable hands of my proofreading service, so I've managed to do a bit more pyrography.

During my last trip intoto Derbyshire I picked up some off cuts of wood from a cafe in Longnor. Now, you may wonder why a cafe would be selling lumps of oak alongside, cakes, cream scones and tea. The answer is that the cafe is also a gallery that sells a lot of pyrography pieces and that is why they had bags of wood for sale.

Anyway, seeing as the piece of wood I was going to work on looked very rustic, even after I'd sanded it down, it seemed to be calling for a rustic image. I decided on a hare because these creatures are quite magical and I hoped it would do the wood some justice. Below you can see the finished piece.
The big issue now is what should I do with it. Like a lot of artists I find it hard to part with some of the things I have created and this one definitely comes into that category. The other question is, if I did want to sell it, how much is it worth?
If you have any thoughts on the value that you'd put on the hare I'd be pleased to know what you think. I'm not trying to sell it I'm just interested in the value my readers would put on such an object, then if I did decide to sell it at a later date I could sell it at a discounted price on Folksy . com or my website.

I leave it there for now and get back to the box I am working on for Valentines day.
If you would like to find out more about me and my books please click here
or if you want to see more of my pyrography work click here
Click here to go to my discounted pyrography shop at Folksy.com Folksy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment