Tuesday 30 August 2011

Pyrography

Hi all
It's been a few weeks since I mentioned my new hobby of pyrography. When my wife bought me a pyrography iron for my birthday in April, I didn't realise how addictive it would become. Our house smells like November the 5th every day. Even though I've only been doing it in my spare time I have managed to create quite a number of pieces. I added trinket box decorated with a rose to my website this morning, and below you can see a chopping board that I've just finished.

I've always been interested in painting a drawing, but I've really taken to pyrography. I guess one of the reason pyrography suits me so well is that it doesn't take any time to set up. I just switch the iron on and in two minutes I can be burning wood. This is very handy if I've got a bit of writer's block, all I do is turn around to my pyrography workstation and think about the plot while I'm burning wood.

If you would like to check out some of the stuff I've done so far Please click here
I am also happy to answer any questions if anybody has any regarding pyrography and I'll help if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment