Friday 24 June 2011

Campbeltown

In my last post we started on the journey down the eastern side of the Mull of Kintyre, and left off about midway, between Tarbert and the tip, at the harbour village of Carradale. Recommencing our trip, along the almost deserted B842, we enjoyed the views across Kilbrannan Sound to the Isle of Arran.
We stopped to walk Buzby again at a small inlet near Saddell (pictured above) but couldn't stay long because it was lunch time and the nearest food was in the Mull's capital, Campbeltown, which was still a few hungry miles away.


The town was very busy and very picturesque. We quickly found a cafe by the harbour and had full Scottish breakfast. Full of grub we wandered about the harbour for a while and then did a tour of the town in the car.
I don't mind walking but we hadn't got a lot of time to spare. Our destination, which was the tip of the Mull was still some distance, so we would have to push on. In my next post we will reach the tip of this wonderful peninsular and start our journey back up the west coast. I'll leave you with a picture of Campbeltown harbour.


If you want to find out more about me, my books please please click here You may be interested to find that I have made major changes to the website (this is my new logo)
and it now incorporates a gallery for my pyrography.

No comments:

Post a Comment