Tuesday 7 July 2015

A box for my paints

Hi all,
Just thought I'd share with you the idea I have had for my next pyrography project. I mentioned in a previous post that I'd taken up watercolour painting and have given myself a year to produce something decent. Well I have done 8 paintings so far and, to be honest, they are nothing to be proud of. Things can only get better, he said with his fingers crossed whilst juggling a rabbit's foot that wasn't very lucky for the bunny. Believe it or not, but when compared with watercolour painting, pyrography is very simple and at the moment, much more rewarding.

Anyway, my wife gave me a wooden box to keep my watercolour paints in, so I thought I'd do a nice bit of pyrography on the lid. I have come up with a primrose design which I think will look quite nice.
I will probably make it wider to fit the width of the box, what do you think? Hopefully I will have the pyrography done during the next week and if it looks half decent I will show it on here.

By the way if you would like to see my mediocre watercolours, here is the link .
If you would like to find out about my books or see some of my pyrography work, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment