I have just finished the ebonized box project. It has
taken a long time and it hasn't been one of my best experiences. When
the lid came out of the oven burnt it, still wasn't the end end of the
problems but I'll tell you about that in a minute.
For those who missed my last post showing the burnt lid here it is again you save you looking back through old posts.
I noticed that on the
first version, that I ebonized first, some of the black was coming off
onto the clay so it made sense to fill it first. It was a bit tedious
painting around the inlay work with the ebonizing solution but it was
the best option.
Anyway, without further dalliance here is the finished box. Any comments would be appreciated.
I suppose it worked out
well in the end and I have a new box for my bed side table. Every night I
will deposit my rings, keys and loose change into it, so it will be
So what for my next project. Well, I have
just done a bit of wooden inlaying on a vase, and I will be getting a
result much quicker. I am doing a bit of pyrography on it as well and
will show you the finished thing in my next post.
the way, my wife is doing really well with her clay flower making. In
fact, she is getting fed up with having nobody to show them to. I set
her a blog up a few months ago and I think she is going to start using
it. If you are interested in clay flowers or know anybody else who is
that way inclined here is the link. http://www.tatpots.blogspot.com I will leave you with a vase full of her latest creations.