Sunday 28 April 2013

Pots and Poppies

Hi All,
Sorry it's been so long since my last pyrography post, but I've been up to my neck in all sorts of things. Sadly, I have very little to show for all my efforts. It is really strange for me because when I worked in a factory for nine hours a day I seemed to have lots of spare time to go fishing, do some painting  etc, but now that I am self-employed and work from home I can't find two spare seconds to rub together.

There is some good news; I have sold three pyrography items this week from my shop on Folksy and they all left good feedback. This means I need to get cracking and replenish some of my stock and I have made a start with another trinket box. These seem to be very popular at the moment so I have done another one but without the usual flowers. I have just decorated it with contours that are done to look like the grain of the wood. See the photos below.
 
 
I am also keen on doing something a bit brasher with a lot of contrast, so my next pyrogrphy project is going to be a couple of large poppies that almost fill the frame that I have chosen for it. So far I have made up a board with a piece of MDF faced with beech veneer and I have drawn the outline of the poppies on it.

At the moment it looks like a template for a stained glass window but I'm hoping that by the time I've done the pyrography work it will come to life. If you would like to see the finished article please come back for my next post.

By the way, if you are wondering how I'm getting on with the oil paints that I had for my birthday. All I can say is that progress is slow, but I'm hoping to give it a good go this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment