Saturday 5 January 2013

Slow progress

Hi All,
I just thought I'd keep you up to date with my latest project. If you read my last post you will have seen the start of the biggest picture I have ever attempted with my pyrography iron. For those of you who missed it, here it is again.
Well I'm afraid that Ive got to report that progress is very slow. I have managed to add  some lobster pots, some buoys and a couple of hundred more pebbles, but that's about it. Other than the generally lethargy that gropes me every Christmas, the reason why the picture is moving at snail's pace is because burning every single pebble with my pyrography iron is challenging . I don't know if you would understand me if I said that doing the pebbles is both tedious and therapeutic at the same time. The trouble is I can only do this repetitive work for a short while because it sets my Carpal Tunnel syndrome off something shocking. At the bottom of this post you can see how far I've progressed.
 
Still, I guess I'm over half way and hope to show you the finished article in my next post. Coming up soon I will also give you my views on selling any pyrography items that you may have produced. I know that parting with you own work is like giving away your first born, but unless you want to be buried under a pile of your own creations it has to be done.
 
 By the way, I'm sorry if you find any spelling mistakes or gramar issues in this post, but I'm trying to do this project without my wife finding out and she usually profreads my post before I publish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment