Sunday 8 July 2012

My Wife's Work

Hi,
 In my last post, I mentioned that my wife had seen the pleasure I was getting from my pyrography and she decided that she was going to have a go herself. I also said I would show her efforts in this blog so I have dedicated this post to her work.

After doing a bit of pyrography on a bit of old scrapwood, she decided to take the plunge and do a Laburnum design on a chopping board. To say she was pleased with her effort would be an understatement because she was absolutely thrilled. Mind you, I did teach her well (he said with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek). Anyway, she was very pleased except for one thing, she was missing the colour that she normally has in her artwork.
It will come as no surpise then that after doing a bunch of grapes design on a small dish, she decided to paint it with her acrylic paints.

Again she was happy with the results and threw herself into doing a clematis on a wooden platter.

Considering that she hasn't done any pryrography before I think that what she has achieved is excellent and I will have to watch out or she will be overtaking me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, her work is beautiful - is the acrylic paint food safe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Jones, THanks for your comment and sorry about the extremely late answer to your question. No I wouldn't think that acrylic paint is safe. They were done for decorative purposes only. Thanks

      Delete