Friday 14 October 2011

A Staffordshire Boy


Hi All,
My apolgies to those who are awaiting my next post about my tour of Scotland, but I've been working my fingers to the bone finishing and publishing my latest book. Although this is my fifth book it has taken much longer than the others to write. I started the process in 1999, so it's been on the road for 12 years.

The actual title of the book is, A Staffordshire Boy: Tales of Fishing and Other Fun, which I guess gives a clue to its content. It covers the years of my childhood from the mid-fifties to the mid-sixties and charts the things young boys got up to in the countryside before computers and ipods were invented.

I know lots of people have written their childhood memoirs and almost as many have concentrated on misery. I had a good childhood and I hope this book provides some balance by not only being interesting, but also giving the reader a good dose of entertainment. I came from a large family, lived in a council house and my dad kept Joules Ales in business, but hell I had a good time.

If you want to know what lads in Seighford got up to in probably the best decade since the war please click here to find out more

Normal service will be resumed on the tour of Scotland in the next couple of days, when we will be going way up north to Rogart.

No comments:

Post a Comment