Saturday 30 April 2011

Carp Rustlers

Hi, All,
It's May already; the hawthorn is blooming and there are so many bank holiday I'm getting my days mixed up.
Times are very busy, but I thought I'd give you a writing round up and tell you about my latest book Carp Rustlers. In the writing world it is often said that one should write about one knows. I took this to heart when I wrote my first book, Fishing: Learn from the Tips & Laugh at the Tales. I've been an angler all my life; won a sack-load of trophies and a bit of money, so I had a lot to say on the subject.
After writing the fishing book I started writing my first novel, Bossyboots, but the advice, writing about what you know, kept ringing in my ears. So, I wrote a book about writing, Writing: How to get Started as as Freelance Writer Plus a Guide to Self-Publishing & POD.. I wrote that book because I believed there was a gap in the market regarding self-publishing from a UK perspective.
When I was looking for a book on the subject everything seemed to be written by Americans.
Anyway, I'd been a freelance writer for a few years; I wasted a lot of time chasing dead ends, so having paid my dues I thought I'd pass my hard earned knowledge onto others who wanted to become freelance writers or learn more about self-publishing. Eventually, I got back to writing Bossyboots and published it earlier this year. What to write next was a bit of a problem. I had several plots going around in my mind including one that followed my progress in Austraila after having been forced into migrating to Melbourne by my father when I was an impressionable sixteen year old. .
Perhaps I'll get round to that one day because it fits in with the advice about writing about what you know. Anway, Carp Rustlers the book I've just written is a detective novel which revolves around fishing, so my knowledge will be put to good use. The book is the first in what I hope will become a series. Carp Rustlers is the first book in that series and follows Fred Tench, an angler who also happens to be a detective. He is based in Stoke-on Trent and is investigating a case where a couple of naughty carp rustlers are the villians. The book is written and currently going through the proofreading stage, hopefully it should be available by the middle of May.
I will let you know when it is available through this blog. In my next post I will be picking up the tour of Scotland where I left off in Lochgilphead.
If you want to know more about me or my books Please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment