Friday 25 February 2011

Butterflies & Bossyboots

Hi all,
Wasn't Thursdayday 24th of February just beautiful, and one in the eye for the doom and gloom merchants who predicted that this month would be worse than December.
In Stafford, the sun shone for most of the day and our back garden was extremely pleasant. In fact, it was so nice that not only did I have my elevenses in the garden, but also my lunch. It may have only been a chicken sandwich and a bag of crisps but they tasted delicious in that early spring sunshine. The only thing that marred it was the noise from the M6 motorway that is always at its worst when the wind comes from the south.

It wasn't just me that was enjoying the brief spell of warm weather either. I witnessed five honey bees, who were all trying to extract every possible drop of nectar from a small bunch of crocuses. All at the same time I hasten to add. To top it all, we also had a visitation from a peacock butterfly. It must have hatched that day because the colours were so clean and vivid. What a treat for February and hopefully a taster of things to come.

On the writing front, those of you who follow this post will know that my first novel Bossyboots has been available for a couple of weeks, but only in a kindle format. So I am pleased to report that it is now also available in a print version. click for details.
It is also possible to read a lengthy preview of 8 chapters by clicking here.

Beyond that, Bossyboots is now also available in almost every electronic format. At the following website, you can download the whole book or just some free samples.please click here
The download cost of the complete book, which is over 103,000 words long, is a bargain at only $2.99, which is approximatly £2.14 in real money. If you want more information about me or my other books, click here In my next post I will continue with my tour of Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment