Sunday 23 May 2010

Writing letters


Hi All,
Sorry about this post being a bit late in coming and sad as it is, I've got to blame it on the weather. My problem is that my study is in the attic part of a dormer bungalow. This is fine in the winter but it isn't the place to be when the sun is burning down outside. So while the sun's had its hat on I've followed suit and put on my gardening hat and started to catch up with the weeds.

I will be keeping this post short because the sun is already beaming in at me so I'm going to go out again shortly and have a tug-o-war with some dandelion roots. Before I do that I'd just like to mention that I got a nice £50 cheque the other day from a daily newspaper. The reason I'm talking about writing letters again is because I'm now able to provide proof that letter writing is not only the easiest way to get published it's also a way of getting some nice little pay cheques.

The thing is, when I started writing my book about becoming a freelance writer, which will be available soon, I said that writing letters was the best way to get started in freelance writing and that anybody who took my advice would soon be getting some cheques through the post. Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go myself and following my own advice, I have during the last three months managed to write 9 letters. I wish it could have been more but time's been very tight with other writing commitments. The results from writing those nine letters is that 3 of them were published and I picked up a total of £125 for my efforts. I am pleased with this result because wrinting those letters wasn't half as taxing as most writing projects.

I used the information that I put in my book to make the letter writing process very easy and quick and I guess I spent less than 2 hours writing and sending those letters. You can do the sums as well as me and it meant that my hourly rate for writing letters was over £62.50 per hour. Now that's not a bad hourly rate by any stretch of the imagination. All the details about how to go about writing quick letters that will get published and you will get paid for, are in my book
For details about its publication, please keep an eye on my website where all the details will be posted. Click here to go to my website.

That's its for now I've got to go because I can hear those weeds growing so I'm going to sort them out. I want to make sure my plot stays looking like it does in the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment